posted Apr 11, 2014, 12:28 PM by Coop772
updated Jun 25, 2015, 2:33 AM
- Replaced plunger tube
- Replaced plunger head
- Replaced plunger rod
- Replaced plunger handle
- Full length K26 spring
- 1/2" PVC bushing
- Spring rest reinforced
- Screw reinforcement for plunger tube
- Molded epoxy putty plunger tube supportPaint Job:
- Black vinyl dye primer
- Duplicolor "Bright Red" base coat
- Citadel "Ceramite White" accents
- Citadel "Abaddon Black" details
- "KBK" lettered into the side
- Duplicolor gloss clear coat
Plunger tube size comparison. More volume means more air being pushed, meaning better power/range.
Shell cleared out.
The lube (white lithium grease) prevents the epoxy putty from sticking to the shell, but allows me to push it hard into the shell to mold the epoxy. This is the easiest way to get a clean mold.
Epoxy putty molded support.
CPVC to stabilize plunger tube. The top spacer also helps control the plunger tube.
The top piece of CPVC stabilizes the plunger tube.
Holes drilled for mounting.